I discovered a couple of days ago that I’d been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by sandylikeabeach. I’m thrilled that anyone even reads me, so to be nominated is beyond flattering. My appreciation for the recognition is truly sincere.
In addition to thanking and linking back to the person who nominated me, I am supposed to nominate fifteen other bloggers and share seven things about myself. Having just moved to WordPress a couple of months ago from another site I haven’t had time to acquaint myself with as many blogs as I eventually hope to. So I’m sure that some of these blogs may have been nominated in the past, but since there doesn’t seem to be a rules prohibiting that and since I like them, I’m not going to worry too much about it.
I also know that some people are rather anti-award and write for the sake of writing and not because they want to compete with other writers. To them I have only this to say: Tough shit! There’s something about your blog, whether it’s what you say or how you say it, that got my attention. This nomination is strictly in recognition of your talent, not because I think you’re in it for the glory. Someone likes you. Deal with it.
Tantrum, Interrupted – Me, my cats, the garden, a banjo, and borderline personality disorder.
Den of Iniquity – One mans random shoutings against the world.
H.E. Ellis – A thirty-something mother of three living in a farmhouse in New Hampshire. She is not Jodi Picoult
A Woman’s Guide to Women: A Blog For Men – About chicks. By a chick.
itsallabitfrankspencer – Just another WordPress.com site
Ashley Jillian – Need a random pop-culture reference fix?
BrainRants – This site uses only free-range, organic electrons.
Debating Dykes – Special Lady Friends Who Like to Argue…A Lot
Trask Avenue – This, that and most definitely the other.
Bubbles. Deux – Starting of a brand new day.
Sherbert Bomb – A fantasy adventure about girls and the world. Sometimes true, more often made up, always unreal.
Ohmygawd, just do what I say! – Two chicks’ musings on life, family, & friendship
Does Writing Excuse Watching? – mostly posts about anything that takes less than ten or fifteen minutes to write
Your Pal Jason – The best (imaginary) friend you could ask for.
bestbathroombooks – because laughter is the best laxative
And finally, here are seven things about me that you may not know and probably aren’t interested in:
1. I have a buttload of power tools and am resigned to eventually losing a couple of fingers to my table-saw or chop-saw. It’s really only a matter of time.
2. I am obsessed with BBQ and had a smoker the size of a small refrigerator freighted in from Louisiana when I couldn’t find a big enough one in California.
3. I’ve collected knives since I was in grade school. I have over 100 and always carry one with me.
4. I have a fear of being sent to prison for a crime I didn’t commit.
5. I can’t dance … at all.
6. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of serial killers. They fascinate and terrify me.
7. I’ve broken five bones … all on my right side and all from doing something stupid.
Whew! sandylikeabeach was right: the linking is the hardest part!